Metaregistrar is a preferred technical partner providing registry and Second-Level Domain (SLD) registrar services for Unifiedroot TLD owners.
Metaregistrar, a sister company of Mijndomein.nl., was founded in 2011 with the purpose of managing all the domain registered through Mijndomein. Metaregistrar took the hassle of connecting to several registries out of Mijndomein hands, and will realize new opportunities with regards to domain names for the sister company. Metaregistrar will also make this service available to other registrar companies.
Metaregistrar stores and protects its data with the highest possible security measures. All incoming and outgoing data is monitored on their firewall protected servers. Their websites and registry / whois service is equipted with an active monitoring and intrusion detection. Every client action on the Metaregistrar servers are logged and monitored, and can be reviewed in a later phase.
At Metaregistrar all data travelling through websites that are secured with SSL certificates is secured with 128-bits encryption. The Metaregistrar database servers can only be reached via their internal network, and only over certain ports.
- Registry and DNS services to register second-level domain names and assign IP addresses
- IDN (Internationalized character set) support for domain names
- DNSSEC support
- DNS servers on major continents
- Data escrow service
- Client data integrity service, identity check of domain name registrants
- Standardized EPP connection for fast registration or domain / contact / host updates
- Priority of EPP requests can be set so important requests do not have to wait for the completion of less important ones.
- Lightning-fast domain availability check
- Check if a domain name is for sale using the same EPP domain check commands
- Standardized transfer procedure for all extensions
- Unified WHOIS services for your support personnel
- Optional WHOIS privacy protection for your customers
- Maintain your DNS yourself or use our DNS system via EPP extensions
- Extra security via DNSSEC
- SSL Certificates
- ANYCAST services
- Extensive logging of all user activity. Possibility to view your own logs
- Different users have different access levels
- 24/7 support
Digidentity is an established supplier of authentication and authorization solutions for governments, companies and individuals. Digidentity has been ETSI certified by BSI and is a member of the CAB forum , and is by law authorized to deliver PKI certificates.
Unifiedroot has partnered with Digidentity to enhance the browsing environment of the Sundian Browser with new trust and security measures. This will allow for a much more secure browsing experience, where websites can securely verify the visitor of the site via a Digidentity link.
Digidentity's solutions will also be used for authentication of both service providers and users on the Unifiedroot architecture. Service providers will be authenticated using Digidentity issued SSL certificates, whereas users will be authenticated using Digidentity's Client Authentication Services.
Digidentity provides a "landing page" for authentication. This "LaunchPad" application will allow users to start a persistent session on the Unifiedroot architecture, enabling Single Sign On and a central repository of personal information to be used with any enabled web services. This personal information is stored in a completely secure environment, allowing the user (and no one but the user) to share certain items on a service-to-service basis.
A web service can use Digidentity's system by connecting to Digidentity's Core Applications through SAML. SAML is an open standard for cross-platform and cross-application authentication and authorization. This architecture results in a single sign-on system, operating across the entire Unifiedroot environment. It is easily connected to by both service providers and users, and provides an exceptional level of security."